About this project
Work on this project started in August 2015 and it took approximately 20 days to complete. The source code for the project can be seen on Github.
This is a package I wrote and used in several of my projects. It offers slide/swipe functionality for content inside a carousel.
I wanted to create a slider that was lightweight and simple for others to integrate into their projects.
I also wanted it to be fast and responsive so it would behave itself when the browser window was resized.
I limited browser support to the latest two versions of each of the main browsers. Maintaining legacy support was not needed so this would lessen the need for ugly hacks.
I came up with a list of features that needed to be implemented:
- Support the latest two versions of all major browsers.
- Work with very simple html and css and be easy and intuitive to set up.
- Take advantage of the RAF web api for better performance.
- Fire when certain events take place, such as an animation completing.
- Allow the plugin user to deal with these events.
Testing and deployment
This plugin was tested on several devices, from an entry level Android phone to an iMac desktop.