About this project
This is a prototype iOS app for the Shelfd media aggregation tool.
Work on this project started in April 2015 and it took approximately 40 days to complete.
I was given the task of creating a prototype for the Shelfd iOS application which aggregates a users monthly media consumption into one place.
The task was to create a simple application that would connect to a users media library across different services and sync them to their iOS device.
This media would then be played back on the users TV.
Project planning and development
The project setup was as follows:
- Objective C would be the language of choice given the wider availabilty of third party libraries.
- External dependencies would be managed using Cocoapods.
- Authorisation keys for third party services would be stored using Secure Keychain on the device.
- AutoLayout would be used to automatically resize UI components. This was coded by hand.
- Downloaded media information was stored using CoreData.
- Icon fonts were generated on IcoMoon and included in the project.
Beta release cycle
The weekly release cycle for this prototype was handled using iTunes Connect.