My personal portfolio / CV in its fifth incarnation.
I have been working on this website as part of a learning exercise to sharpen my skills in the important areas of web application development. I built this from scratch so I could gain a deeper understanding of all the moving parts and how they interact with one another. I wanted to know more about topics such as:
- Exploring TypeScript more and applying this to the whole React / Redux set up.
- Building a performant website and PWA (progressive web application) with content caching and offline capability.
- Better dependency management and code splitting with webpack.
- Server side rendering to improve content delivery timing.
- Building the website with Docker Compose and using an Nginx reverse proxy to serve secure and compressed content.
- Typing everything together with a CirlceCI testing and deployment pipeline.
With this project, I have been able to wrap my mind around the crucial concepts of modern web development so that I can answer the basic "How do I do this?" questions that preceed many engineering challenges.
I have also Open-sourced this project and put it on GitHub in the hope that others can learn from it too.